Monday, August 26, 2013

new changes

so it has been quite awhile, actually I think exactly a year, since I updated. I figured it was time for an update and would like to keep this somewhat updated to share my new adventures with everyone! As most of you know, I have accepted a teaching position for 7th grade math (yikes!) and have completed my first full week of classes! I have to say, middle school kids aren't as scary as I thought they would be, probably because I have heard what a great group of students we have this year! I actually like the little kiddos and have enjoyed the time I spend with them! I have to say though, that every day in teaching is a new adventure...you really never know what is going to happen! Example: Friday, the first 5 minutes of class I had a student get stung by a huge wasp in my classroom. yep, my class, huge wasp. I am just thankful he was not allergic! I know that I went to school to teach but honestly, even after doing it for a little over a week, I just have so much respect for teachers. The time and dedication it takes to actually create a lesson and execute it....it's almost impossible. Yet, there are tons of teachers that do it day in and day out and they really do deserve credit for it. I can say that I have easily spent 10-11 hours at school each day just to prepare myself for the next day or two (just like a lot of teachers out there). It's a lot of work but I will tell you one thing, to hear a student say, "Mrs. Robertson, I'm starting to like math now" really makes it all worth it! Here's to 175 more days to go! :) As far as other exciting (ha!) things going on in my life, my hubby and I did go to the American Craft Beer Festivial. (Ok maybe talking about teaching and beer in the same blog isn't so great...don't judge!) But, we had such a great time! It was at Devils Backbone and the weather was so perfect. They had over 30 breweries, local ones at that, to try. It's just great to spend some time with him and get out of town, even if it is only for a few hours and plus we can support local awesome places! So, for now, I am trying to just keep my life together with this new job and still make time to enjoy other things. It has really consumed a lot of my time, during the week and on the weekends but I know it's worth it. I also know that my first year is my survival year so it's gonna be a long one but it will get easier! Well that is all for now. Sadly, time to grade a few papers then it's actually bedtime! Yes, I said it..bedtime...that 5:45 alarm comes quite early! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment