Sunday, January 15, 2012

A place to call home

So I figured it was time for another update. Can't believe that January is halfway over. That means that my wedding is getting so close! Its 130 days to be exact! I've finally started thinking more about the wedding and my mom has been such a wonderful help! She's been making tons of phone calls for me finding out information and prices for different things! We are going on Thursday to do wedding stuff! We are meeting at Oakwood to go over layout, decorations, etc. Then we are meeting with the florist and also hopefully start to get decorations that I can start working on! I'm glad that it's finally coming together because I know it will be here before I know it!

So Jeremy and I got started on our Christmas present that was given to us! We were given a new driveway! (you know you're getting old when you get excited about a new driveway!) We were so excited about it because ours desperately needed it! Here is the before picture:






See what I mean? Looks terrible!(excuse Tysons butt, he just had to be in the picture!) But its a small driveway and has hardly any gravel left. So Jeremy and I went to Lowes and bought 20 Timbers to outline our new driveway how we wanted it. Then his uncle, who gave us the Christmas present, came over and started digging up the ground where we were going to put the new driveway. Then we put the base coat down! Here is the after picture (this is just with the base coat, we just got the gravel the other day and still waiting on more so I will take a picture when it's completely done!)











What a difference! We are super excited about it! The bottom part then leads to the shed so we have a walkway for that now! We absolutely love being homeowners! I know there is so much to do and always something to fix, but we love it. It's just nice that we can call it ours!




So I had a first time experience at work 2 weeks ago. Something I never want to do again. I had a patient pass away in my arms. Not sure the reason...stroke, blood clot..I dont know but it was rough. It's a terrible feeling to be right there and not be able to do anything to help him. I watched the paramedics work on him...shocking him, giving CPR, trying to put tubes down his throat...I was in shock. My adrenaline was racing so I wasn't thinking of anything at the time but once that wore off, I was in a strange mood. I feel so bad for the patient and his wife. I can only imagine how hard that is to watch the one you spent your whole life with, pass away in front of you. Just awful. Definitely thinking about his family!




Alright well thats all for now..I will update again soon! Until then..xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what you went through at work!! I'm sure you see life being more precious, and I can't think of a more caring person than you to comfort him! PS... love the driveway!!

    ReplyDelete