Sunday, January 1, 2012

a new year!

So it's a new year. Last year went by fast, but it seems the older I get, the quicker they go! A lot of great things happened last year. The boys graduation from college, my best friends weddings, my exciting engagement, our new home, and our adorable pup! It was a great year with so many eventful things but I am looking forward to 2012 as well! This is going to be the year I get to marry my love! I can't be anymore excited about it! I also hope for this year plenty of time with friends and family, to be healthy, to enjoy the small things, to take things more lightly, and to love my pup even more (and hopefully get him enrolled in obedience classes!) If only he was this good all the time :)


So Jeremy and I got a lot of awesome things for Christmas! We got so much stuff for our kitchen (awesome knives, steamer, rice cooker, crockpot, etc) I figured since we got so much for our kitchen that it's time I really start learning to cook. It has been something I've been interested in but never really had to tools to do. Sure I'm great at heating things up, but I want to be able to actually cook! So my friend from work came over the other night and we wanted to make a healthy meal from start to finish! We decided on a WW recipe called Mexican Chicken Wraps. It's super simple and very healthy! We took boneless skinless chicken, seasoned it with taco seasoning, salt, and pepper then cooked it on the stove. Then in a small bowl we mixed light mayo, chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, and one lime. Mixed that together. Then we assembled the wraps with a little of the chipotle mayo, grilled chicken, and tomatos and arugala. It was amazing! It was very spicy because we left the seeds in the chiptole peppers when we diced them but you can just use the adobe sauce instead. We sauteed some mushrooms and roasted some peppers in the oven for the sides! It was so good :)





Jeremy and I had such a wonderful Christmas. Not only did we get to spend it with both of our familes, and see our friends...we also got some great stuff! We were so fortunate to get new rocks for our driveway (you can tell you're getting older when you get excited about a new driveway!), nice luggage for the honeymoon with a nice check included in the luggage, and tons of kitchen stuff! I also got this chair for my living room which I've had my eye on since we moved in our house in August! It matches so perfectly! I love it!






Alright well that is all for now! So happy to be off work tomorrow but I feel I have so much to do! I need to take down Christmas decorations and clean this house! We'll see what gets done tomorrow! Until next time..xoxo!



No comments:

Post a Comment