Monday, March 12, 2012

spring is here!

I'm sorry that my updates are getting spread out more than my original intent. I don't really have a reason as to why that has happened..work, wedding, life in general all play a role in that but I will try to update more!

So wedding is two months away! Everything is falling into place and I love it! We only have a few details left to take care of so I'm not worried yet..they will get done! Tomorrow we meet with the Minister to talk about the actual ceremony. I'm excited to meet with him because he is a family friend and used to be the Minister at the church I grew up in (also the church we're getting married in!) He even baptized me when I was much younger so I consider it an honor to have him be part of our special day!

Today my grandmother had surgery and everything went well! She is not your typical grandmother...I don't even like calling her that! We call her Gee and that fits her more! She's such an active fun lady who can entertain a crowd! She has definitely taught me important lessons in my life and am so glad that I have gotten the chance to spend many years with her and many more to come!

The fiance and I were able to sneak away for a few days this past weekend to head to the mountains for his family's annual ski trip. It was so nice to get away (Lets face it, any break from work is appreciated). I really do love being in the mountains. It's such a peaceful and calm place. The term "breath of fresh air" is definitely how it feels being up there! I do have to admit though, getting home yesterday, I had a feeling of relief. It was good to be back to our own house and pick up the pup! I surely did miss him like crazy! But the fact that we have a place to call our own to come home to, there really is no better feeling! I know a lot of my friends and people my age can appreciate the fact when you can find a permanent place to stay, it's such a relief! For the past 6 years, I have moved every single year! It gets old after awhile and you feel you can't really buy nice things! So this August, unlike the previous 6 years, I can stay put! No moving, no deadlines when to be out, nothing! How awesome!

Well I suppose that is all for now. Can't believe it's almost 11 and I'm really not even tired. I love the fact that it stays lighter later but my sleep hours are all out of sorts! I'm sure it will resolve itself soon because I cannot live without my sleep! Until next time...xoxo!


No comments:

Post a Comment