Thursday, March 15, 2012

mini vacation!

First off, good news! My grandmothers surgery went very very well! She's already up and moving and back to her normal routine! Such great news :)

Ok so lately I have become more interested in taking pictures. I guess due to the fact that I'm starting to move up in the world and actually got a smart phone the end of last year, I can actually take pretty decent pictures with my phone! I also found this pretty awesome app that does all these effects so i've been playing around and took some pictures of our weekend getaway!


This is the best bloody mary I have ever had! Besides, what else do you drink at 11 in the morning on vacation?


If anyone has ever been to Bryce, there is nothing there at all besides the ski resort and a tiny diner where all the locals hang out. Well, about 20 minutes up the road there is a small town that has a few more places (the biggest thing there being a sheetz) but they have this adorable little duckpin alley! I had never heard of duckpin until my mom told me that she used to play when she was younger so (no offense to my mom) it's an older type of bowling game. So we went and played one night and it's a lot harder than it looks! There were also no electronic machines or anything. Had to keep score by, get this...an overhead projector! haha tells you how dated that is, but none the less, adorable and fun!


So we always go up to Bryce for their end of the season winter festival. I think the winter part was a joke this year but at least the weather was perfect for pond skimming! People would start at the top of the mountain and go down and try to ski or snowboard across the pond. Surprisingly a lot more people made it than I expected! It was fun trying to watch them make it though!


This is the only view I managed to get of the mountain from where I was sitting. You can see the extreme lack of snow there was! But it's still a beautiful place to go!

Alright well thats all for now. Just wanted to share some photos from the trip! So happy that tomorrow is Friday!! Until next time..xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever bowl at Craig Springs? Now THAT's retro!!

    ReplyDelete