Sunday, July 17, 2011

say yes to the dress!

It seems that sunday nights are always depressing. Who looks forward to waking up super early for work? not me.

Anyways, this weekend was a lot of fun though! I went wedding dress shopping for the first time yesterday. Can we just say overwhelming? You think you know the dress that you would love to have and then you try a bunch and realize it's not like you wanted. I tried on around 15 dresses, some were definitely no's, a few were maybe's and I had 3 that I narrowed it down to, but one was my absolute favorite! It's nothing like I thought I would want, but everything I love! I was not expecting to find "the dress" on my first day, I really just wanted to look. But it's true, you just know when you put it on...and I did! But, I am going to look some more since I only went to Celebrations. I need to know all my options..but that dress is gorgeous :)

It's really strange to me to think of trying on wedding dresses and planning a wedding. I don't feel like a "bride-to-be" really. Nothing really feels different between Jeremy and I..maybe because we've been together for so stinking long that we knew it'd happen, I guess it's just more official now!

We have decided that our wedding date is May 19th. We are getting married at my church, First Christian, then having the reception in my parents backyard which is right behind the church. It's absolutely perfect! We're gonna have tents and tables and white lights and mason jars and southern food and beer/wine! Couldn't be more excited about it!

House update: 4 weeks from Wednesday until we close. The banker was actually working on our loan today and ordered our appraisal so we are moving quickly! We did a wedding registry at Target today (very stressful-I did not know the fiance had such a huge opinion about home decorating!) But we went ahead and did a registry because people have been asking what we need for the house as well so figured it'd just be easier to do it all! Lets just say, that little scanner is dangerous!

Alright enough for tonight, guess I should get some sleep before this crazy work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment