Monday, March 26, 2012

Celebrate more!

you know, most days it's hard to believe that i'm actually 24 years old (and for all those older people reading this, I know what you're thinking..so young!) but i still feel like i'm 18, getting ready to graduate high school and start a new adventure in college..not knowing what to expect. But really, those college days have come and gone and now even three years out, living with my very-soon-to-be fiance, in our own house, with our own dog, working our own full time adult jobs, paying our own bills. Some days I just stop and think, wait...when did this all happen and why did it happen so quickly? I'm not saying this as a bad thing, because trust me, I am in a very lucky place in my life right now. I have so much to be thankful for, and I truly am. But when we were young and looking forward to all the grown up things, it's here and it's nothing like I thought it'd be. I didn't think it'd be "fun", but I guess I felt it would feel more like a milestone. And I suppose at the time of each event, there was celebration but that celebration has since worn off! I think we should all celebrate special times in our lives...not just once, but over and over. Because to me, every day you get up and work and take care of a house and family and yourself and do what you have to do, thats something to celebrate and be happy about! I think people could use some more celebration in their lives! so why not? you've accomplished something and have earned it! enjoy it! :)

" There are two things to aim for in life: first, to get what you want: and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second." --Logan Pearsall Smith

1 comment:

  1. I loved the years when I was younger without a care in the world, but wouldn't go back for a second! Maturity and responsibility and all things that come with it is so rewarding!!

    ReplyDelete